NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Reports directly to the Business Service Manager and Board Members of the Employee Committee.
Supervisor to Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) which includes but not limited to:
- Supervises the CSRs daily clerical functions of billing and collection operations. Ensures CSRs enter and update billing information through the software system concisely and as accurately as possible.
- Supervise the process of utility connections and disconnections / transfers / process of new water accounts.
- Supervises the process of utility billing information from the mail. Supervision of distribution and processes after verification of signatures and amounts.
- Supervise the accuracy of the daily report to the posting of water bills paid and actual amount paid.
- Supervise work tickets / garbage forms / work orders / oversee comments that have been entered in the software system from CSRs. Maintains data files.
- Works closely with Meter department to ensure alignment with customer service requests / issues / workorders / door tag information / billing.
- Provide necessary training to CSRs and new CSR employees to ensure full capability and competency to the Customer Service Front area.
- Have monthly meetings with staff and provide updates to board of directors.
- Sign off on Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) timesheets.
- Work on projects as needed by the Sunbelt Board of Directors.
Receive training on the following in order to fully comprehend the scope of customer service responsibilities:
- Enter new customer, multi-family and commercial accounts in AVR software.
- Responsive to customer complaints where required and illegal connections.
- All customer service issues that are not able to be resolved through the CSRs will be properly addressed by the Customer Service Supervisor either by telephone, written letter, and / or meeting directly.
- Ensures all customer service issues are addressed and work-orders are initially processed and up-to-date for the meter readers.
- Responds to customer requests for information about the District and its services.
- Provides customer with account balances, researches and responds to account issues.
- Provides customer with extension on water accounts within established guidelines, establishes payment arrangements, and follows-up on delinquent accounts. Reconciles transactions.
- Runs credit checks on initial customer applications through a 3rd party vendor – credit service.
- Processes deposits and payments direct from customer at office, mail, and / or night drop boxes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of municipal water districts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with Board Members, internal employees and external clients.
- Ability to multi-task working within a team structure to collaborate and share best practices and lessons learned as well as work independently, quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to represent the District well to external organizations, clients, and vendors.
- Customer-oriented attitude with a strong sense of urgency and constant follow-up.
- Organizational and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the district.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word)
- Advanced knowledge of AVR (customer service billing) software
- Punctuality and dependability are essential.
- Must be US Citizen or have resident alien card.
Must be proficient with: PC / computers, iPad, 10-key calculators, printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, telephones, mobile phones, two-way radios, laminating machines, binding machines, labelers, electric letter openers, and postage machines.
Sitting (primary work position), standing, walking, hand coordination, vision, listening, verbal – communication skills, reading and comprehension skills, lifting, carrying, reaching, bending, balancing / climbing ladders (for retrieval of information through files in storage)
Climate controlled / indoor.
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Have a High School diploma / GED and / or college courses
- Supervisory skills and experience are required for this position.
- Presentation skills are essential in order to present to the Sunbelt Board of Directors in regards to customer issues.
- This position is required to abide by all policies and procedures within the Sunbelt FWSD District’s Employee Personnel Manual.
- Typing skills required at a minimum of 60wpm.
- Must have data entry, computer skills as mentioned above in Office Equipment Section.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reading / Comprehension / Writing Skills are crucial for this position.
- Background in math and balancing customer accounts.
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and possess proficiency in word processing, utility billing applications / software, and computer literacy.
- Must possess the ability, calmness and discretion to deal effectively and courteousness with customer complaints and concerns utilizing problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to utilize good judgement, demonstrate ethical behavior, and possess ability to function as an integral part of the organizational structure.
- Must pass pre-employment drug testing.
- Must possess valid Texas Driver’s license or Texas Identification card.