Due to the observed drop in annual rainfall amounts and higher-than-normal daily temperatures in the Houston area, the Sunbelt Fresh Water Supply District (the “District”) is implementing Stage 1 of our Drought Contingency Plan immediately. The District’s Drought Contingency Plan requests that any customer in the above-referenced service areas:
- Check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets and running toilets.
- Utilize water conservation measures such as displacement bags, low-flow shower heads and leak detection tablets. Additional water conservation tips can be found at https://wateru.nhcrwa.com and www.irrygator.com.
- Limit irrigation to no more than two (2) days per week, between 7:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. following the schedules below:
- Users with even-numbered addresses may use water outdoors on even-numbered days
- Users with odd-numbered addresses may use water outdoors on odd-numbered days
- If no street address exists, users on the north or west side of a street may use water outdoors on even-numbered days and users on the south or east side of a street may use water outdoors on odd-numbered days
- Outdoor watering is prohibited between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.